Join the team
As a MGA mainly oriented towards in-house underwriting, we are mainly looking to add individuals with commercial underwriting experience to our team, and for all regions.
Without a doubt, a career at TCIM will offer exposure to a wide variety of cases and out of the ordinary accounts to underwrite.
You’ll be required to work in a team and learn how to best use our in-house facilities to find solution for our network of brokers across Canada.
At TCIM, we have adopted a hybrid work model or fully remote depending on the region.
In addition to underwriting position, TCIM may be recruiting employees to complete its support team or accounting team. These positions required people able to work under pressure and with deadlines.
There is no support/accounting team position open now but come back as our needs may change quickly! You are also welcome to send us your resume to add to our bank of potential future employees.
Interested to join the team?
Please send your resume to Elisa Kasmik.
Commercial Underwriter, Western Canada
- Trans Canada Insurance Marketing is hiring a Senior Underwriter to join our team. The successful candidate will report to the Executive Vice President, Underwriting and may also take direction from other managers. They will also be responsible for preparing and processing new business, renewal and endorsement documentation.
- Virtual office. Full time work from home available.
- Analyze moderate to complex requests for quotes, renewals, policy changes and recommend innovative solutions
- Implement and exercise sales techniques in order to successfully bind and retain new business and renewals to maintain and grow the book
- Underwrite new business and renewals/endorsements to achieve an underwriting profit
- Perform risk assessments and determine pricing for new business, renewals and endorsements for Contractors Construction Accounts, Commercial Select Accounts and Public Sector Accounts
- Evaluate and underwrite new business and renewals
- Perform file reviews for renewals to ensure that pricing and underwriting criteria fit within the parameters of our contracts
- Participate in broker visits, insurance industry functions and marketing events in support of broker relationship development.
- Provide technical advice, mentoring and coaching to team members
- Ensure industry legal compliance
- Provide excellent customer service to set brokers and accountability obtaining regional targets
- Have a P&C broker license valid in Alberta
- Minimum 5 years’ commercial underwriting experience
- Knowledge of commercial property and liability
- Superb interpersonal skills, a strong team player and detail oriented
- Solid experience with rating and underwriting procedures
- Ability to work effectively alone and with others
- Firm understanding of insurance industry terminology
- Ability to be a self starter with strong written, oral communication and organizational skills
- Advanced skills in Excel, Outlook & Word, Policy Works. Strong understanding with rating and underwriting procedures
- Have obtained or working towards C.I.P. designation
TCIM is actively committed to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. We serve and recognize and respect human differences and similarities. We value the diversity of people and actively encourage women, indigenous peoples, members of visible minorities, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ2+) persons to apply. We are committed to providing accommodation upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.